I get it. It's difficult to feel flawless daily. I sometimes feel like its a struggle as NY'er - between running to the subway, papers flying, schlepping a huge gym bag, running on no sleep... etcetera etcetera. The list goes on.
You are probably thinking, "what does she know about the struggle?" Well babes, the struggle is REAL! As many of you may or may not know, I have a part-time fitness company where I teach my personally-curated style fitness class. I teach 4 fitness classes weekly and have 3 private clients. I either instruct at the early hours of 6AM or the later hours of 730pm. My full time career is in a highly competitive industry- Medical Pharmaceutical Sales . No, it isn't much glamour- I cover over 4 territories around the NYC area while working some crazy hours.
I feel proud that I finally got the hang of my hectic schedule and do it almost effortlessly (...some days). I wouldn't have it any other way! Here are some of my BO$$ tips to survive the hustle.
1. Eat Healthy. In a stressful day you often say, " Well I didn't eat anything all day I deserve this slice of pizza". In a stressful situations our body acts in survival mode: our metabolism runs slower, digestion can literally shut down-- eat a healthy nutritious meal to prevent any energy/ emotional dips.
2. Sleep. Sleep. Sleep.
3. Buy a high power outfit & rock it. Do you have a big presentation? Get yourself something you feel powerful in. If I know I have a stressful week coming up I almost always hit a good sample sale in Manhattan.
4. Be Selfish. Whether you are in your 20's or 40's, you don't have to spread yourself thin. It's OK to miss that friend of a friend's birthday party. Sleep, gym, take a bath, read, it is your time and rest is more important. Missing that so-called "cool event will be worth no under eye circles at your 9AM presentation.
5. Be selective- On How and Who you spend your evenings with. While being a single babe in NYC- I understand the urge to be social. I am highly selective on how and who, I spend my evenings with. "No I don't want to go to an east village sports bar on a Tuesday. " You don't have to get tipsy every work night on the search for your match.
4. Surround yourself with Bo$$ like friends. Friends who don't understand the hustle can hold you back. Plus these same peers are the ones during a tough day, can send you an empowering text message to get back on your feet.
5. Fit in that workout. No matter how tired you are it will release so much stress.
How do you babes Rock your day?