Before you know it these rainy June days are gone and we are in summer temperatures. So keep that bikini bod in check! Stress and sadness during this time can make Cortisol levels high, in which the body actually resists weight loss. Instead of hiding out in your apartment downing pizza, follow these tips.
1. Avoid social Isolation, it will only make you feel more lonely. Plan a cute activity and don't cancel! Go to the east village with a friend and finally try that Matcha Coffee Shop.
2. Avoid High Sugar Foods; The highs and lows of eating sugary foods is a recipe for disaster. During this time, take advantage of the bad weather, go grocery shopping and meal prep clean meals.
3. Avoid lack of motivation; Sign up for your favorite group fitness class. Helps with self-esteem and increases endorphins. My Favorite NYC classes: Rumble Boxing, Tonehouse, SLT, Yoga to the People
4. Avoid the darkness; Instead of crawling into bed, turn on the bright lights. The bright lights can boost serotonin, that heightens your mood.
5. Avoid the outfit slump; What does that mean LOL? We have all been there, weather is consistently poor, and you live in a sweatshirt. Embrace the rain! Where a stylish outfit and feel good about yourself.
Check out my outfit below
How do you embrace the rain? What activities do you take part in? I have yet to master, dressing for work in the rain.. any tips?